About This Composition
- Named by one of Kathy’s students, Megan Wickliff
- Part of the song was written during my high school years
- Rest of it was written in 2000
- Composer was inspired by a song she heard while watching an animated cartoon on television
- Most requested song among my middle school music students
The Story Behind A Walk Through Fire
I wrote parts of this song while I was in high school. I heard a melody on an animated cartoon I watched on the television. I don’t remember the name of the cartoon I was watching. However, I really liked the melody of the song the character sang and sat down at the piano to figure it out. I couldn’t remember most of the chord progression so I added my own progressions and melodic line. The rest of the piece was written while I was student teaching in 2000.